So I spent last night eating craploads of steak and drinking many delicious drinks in celebration of my mom’s clean MRI (Go Mom! Woot!) Because of this, the only bit of The X Factor that I saw was last night was the first half hour or so. Here’s a few observations from last night, and hopefully I’ll get a fuller review to you soon.
- Worst theme song ever. It sounds like something that should be on a Dance Dance Revolution game. Seriously, play back the theme song and see if you can’t see an Asian or just some anime-loving dorkstick dancing like mad to the song.
- I was super confused by the judges. Why the eff is it this British-sounding chick and not Nicole Scherasdfadaer? I thought she replaced Brit-chick. Well I looked it up, and apparently we get Cheryl Cole for the first round of auditions, after which Simon gave her the boot. Alrighty, then.
- I don’t like the British underwear model host. I miss Seacrest already. Never thought I would say that. But if you bring a British show to America, get American people to be a part of it, sans Simon. I know, a lot of you are thinking, “But you love Cat Deeley!” Well, a) nobody asked you, and b) Cat is pretty and she doesn’t take herself too seriously. I dig her. I have enough competition in this country without a British underwear model on my TV here to sweep all the girls off their feet. I think Cat would like me better anyway, though. Right? … right?
- The first chick they auditioned kicked much ass for a 13 year old. Good job, little chick. Just don’t dance. It’s super awkward and makes me and at least 100 million other Americans uncomfortable.
- The ripped black guy was decent. I didn’t think his voice was phenomenal, but I could stare at him all day. You know… if I were gay or something.
- The Prince guy… Really? You put him through? This show is already losing credibility after three auditions. You guys know it’s a singing competition, right?